Thursday, April 05, 2007

Parting Quip

Everyone who has been part of the software industry for some time would have certainly seen one or if/she belongs to the greedy(he he) types would have written one themselves. Its usually "inherited" from the seniors in the organization
or during the KT(Knowledge Transfer) sessions where even this document is "handed over" for "future use". Most of them are variations of the one shown below

Hi,

Today is my last day at [Company Name]

I have decided to explore new horizons.

Every moment I spent here will be cherished and remembered.

I will be reachable at my personal email id, [EMAILID].

Warm Regards,
[XYZ]


Incase he/she is not moving to a different company the reason will be "I will be pursuing my higher studies from ABC College".

But last week i came across the best and whackiest reason ever given .

This came from a Top Guy in my company.

This is what he had to say

"will leave to more quickly commit myself to my personal agenda of environmental

policy and search for alternative energy sources, and other issues"
.

This seriously has to win hands down as the best Parting Quip ever .

So now you know what to write if at all you have to.

Here are some more I came up with on the same lines

1.quickly commit myself to my personal agenda of restoring democracy in Pakistan

2.quickly commit myself to my personal agenda of finding solutions for Global Warming

3.quickly commit myself to my personal agenda of restoring the rain forests in Borneo

4.quickly commit myself to my personal agenda of solving Bangalore's traffic problems

5.quickly commit myself to my personal agenda of rooting out corruption in Bihar

6.quickly commit myself to my personal agenda of making India win the Cricket World Cup

7.quickly commit myself to my personal agenda of making India win an Olympic Gold


So next time anybody wants to write a Good Bye mail be at your whackiest best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kudos :)

Anonymous said...

This one rocks da!
But since I am basically his fan...I donot doubt his intentions et all:)..he's a very very cute, handsome, nice guy dah...!!!:D...doesnt that sum it all up:P

Hmmm...I guess the next time I need to "leave an organisation"...I'l get back to your blog...for some miss india kinda parting quips:)